My son had his little heart set on M&M cookies today. I wanted to try a recipe for knock-off Thin Mints, but of course, he won. Together we searched Pinterest and discovered these gems, posted originally at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts (http://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/chocolate-mm-cookies/).
Being impatient, I did not chill my dough for the recommended 1/2 hour. I finished stirring them, put them on my baking sheets and threw ’em in the oven to bake.
Here’s the recipe, with my slight adjustments.
Chocolate M&M Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 T milk
1 cup M&M’s (I used the regular ones)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter with a mixer for 20 seconds.
3. Add white and brown sugar to the butter. Mix for approximately 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla. Next, mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. (The dough will be thick!) Using a fork, stir in the milk. Finally, stir in the M&M’s.
5. Drop dough in small balls onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-ish minutes, until the cookies look done on the edge. Allow cookies to cool several minutes before removing from baking sheet. ENJOY!