Ironically, my bread machine insert broke last weekend, after my pesto & sun-dried tomato pizza. I’m either ordering a new bread machine in the next couple days or a new insert. Gotta do my research and see if I can just get a new insert first. (Can you tell I use my bread machine a lot?)
Using your bread machine to make pizza dough is super easy and quick. If you haven’t noticed a trend, most of my recipes are quick and easy and don’t require too many off-the-wall ingredients that you have never heard of.
To make this, put the ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed.
1 cup water
4 tsp vegetable oil
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp active dry yeast
1. Place ingredients in your bread machine in the order listed above. Select the dough setting and press start. Once your machine is running, use a spatula to make sure the dough is the right consistency. Add water if the dough is not coming together in a nice ball. Add a little more flour, by the tablespoon, if the dough is too sticky. The dough should form a nice ball. Allow bread machine to run it’s cycle.
2. Once dough cycle is complete, remove from bread machine. Then separate the dough into equal two balls. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a rectangle shape. Place on a cookie sheet and cut away extra dough (make the dough fit nicely on the cookie sheet).
3. Bake dough at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes (crust only).
4. Remove from crust from oven, add pizza sauce and preferred toppings. Put pizza back into the oven and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool a couple minutes before eating.
ENJOY! (with a nice cold beer!)